Who am I?
I’m an associate professor in the Department of Journalism and Communication
What do I teach?
- Media And Society: Introductory course for our College of Arts & Sciences
- Internet Culture: A deep dive on digital worlds, influence online, and viral information spread
- Multimedia Storytelling: Digital media production class with a future-of-journalism focus
- Topical seminars
- Black Mirror & The Digital Self: Uses Netflix’s hit show to explore themes in constructing identity in the digital age
- Sci-Fi In media: Topical looks at how science fiction portrays visions of future society and their relationship to personal and social identity.
What do I research?
- Digital community
- Social networks
- Activism and group advocacy
Places to follow my work: